Without A Net

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

This is my life

Sing it Shirley Bassey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqxMXlqCFZw

Sometimes when I feel afraid, I think of what a mess I've made of my life.

Sometimes when a short but intense relationship ends suddenly and without warning, and all that hope and excitement disappears in an instant, leaving you breathless and temporarily hollow, a lot of other sadness and stress creeps in to fill the vacuum.

Sometimes sleep abandons to you fight the grief and fear until morning.

Sometimes you stand by the banks of the river and wish you weren't such a coward.

Sometimes it takes a 30 mile bike ride out of London.

Sometimes it takes a good friend to tell you the sadness is normal, and that the spectre of your mother is an illusion.

Sometimes you start to realise things about your life, and make important decisions.

This is my life, and I don't give a damn for false emotion.

Today, tomorrow, love will come and find me,
But that's the way that I was born to be.

This is me.

2 Comments:

At 1:46 PM , Blogger swisslet said...

Well, I don't know if it amounts to a whole hill of beans, but I like you and I'm glad to know you and to have you around.

 
At 4:01 PM , Blogger Mark said...

we often forget how brilliant we are, even if those around us don't ever mention it, or forget.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home